Thursday, May 27, 2010

To say goodbye...

Here is what I wrote:

Please accept this letter as a grattitude for the opportunity I have had to teach at Mesquite High School as a Special Education teacher. My last day of employment will be May 28, 2010. Thank you so much for my five excellent years I have spent here. I have worked with some wonderful, talented, and inspiring educators and staff personnel. I have been given many opportunities to grow, share my talents and participate in a variety of school activities and functions. I have watched students walk down the graduation aisle with satisfaction knowing they will be contributing members of society. As my family continues to grow, I find it in their best interest to focus my energy there; with hopes to return to the education arena in the future. The memories I have made here will stay with me. I am hopeful that I can stay connected to Mesquite through part time opportunities or tutoring as we work together to figure out what is available and what will fit within my expanding responsibilities to my family. Additionally, I intend to work towards a Master’s degree so that when I am ready to come back full time, my skills are enhanced and students will benefit from my expanded expertise. I am grateful for the flexibility in scheduling that you have provided to me and am very appreciative of all the support I have received from administrators, staff, and my fellow teachers at Mesquite. I thank you sincerely for five wonderful years.

THAT's it folks - as of tomorrow, I am NO longer a GPS employee. I am going to be a full-time mom (like I wasn't already) from HOME!!!! It is going to be a new adventure and a new chapter in our lives, but I am ready. As I drove away today and said my goodbyes and graduation last night, I couldn't help but have mixed emotions. Teaching has been wonderful for me and to me. I love being able to help mold our future generations, but on the contrary, I feel so blessed that I get to stay home with my little girl. I feel so grateful for the wonderful family who have helped Matt and I with Makenzie, so we could put ourselves in a position financially (and let's be honest - emotionally) where I could stay home. She went to Grandma Porter's on Monday; Tuesday, Wednesday AND Friday she went to Aunt Lauren's (YaYa's) and Thursday she went to Aunt Eda's. Words really can't express the peace I felt everyday when Matt or I dropped her off knowing she was going somewhere where she would be loved and really taken care of. I don't know how I will ever repay my in-laws, but we will figure it out! I just have to count my many blessings to be surrounded my such great people who were willing to help us out, and without complaining (at least not to my face!!!) :) I know that I complained way more having to go to work then they ever did having to watch a little peanut who I am sure tore their house apart on multiple occasions.

THANK YOU PORTERS, PEWS, and CLARKSONS!

1 comment:

Morgan Lauren & Emery said...

you're welcome! we love our kenz!!