Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Volleyball is over...

I feel like I have been coaching non-stop for 4 years since I started teaching high school. Once vball season is over, it's soccer, then softball, then club volleyball, then summer conditioning for vball...it never ends!

This season was especially hard for me. One being pregnant, I had a hard time putting in a 12-14 hour day. Coaching after you have been teaching special ed math all day is draining. Nonetheless, I loved coaching. I love how much fun the girls have, how much fun I have seeing them play well, and you know - the stuff coaches like. However, I had to deal with more parent drama than I ever have before in my life. I got emails from parents who daughters were starting, whose daughters weren't starting, daughters who were getting too much playing time and not enough playing time. I felt like I could never win.

Needless to say, it is bittersweet that the season is over. I enjoying coming home right after school now to hang out with Matt, shop for our new anticipated arrival, and taking naps. I know that is going to end shortly. Matt and I decided that I would not coach club vball this year and to be honest, it is a relief to know that I get to spend the evenings and weekends however I please. Here is to taking some time off!!!

No comments: