Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"I walked today where Jesus walked..."

This was the theme of our primary activity day. It was awesome. We had the kids dress up as if they were in Jesus' time. We had four different stories.

The kids first walked in to a huge pop-up-tent. We had footsteps cut out all over the church building showing the way. The first place was to the Sermon on the Mount. Next stop the Temple. After that, Jesus among the Nephites. Then we all ended up near the water where Jesus fed the 5,000. We had rolls and sweedish fish for a snack.

We asked 4 members of our ward to act like they were there with Jesus. It was phenominal the way they each differently portrayed their parts using the scriptures. The spirit was so strong. I got teary eyed as we were opening singing the song, "I Know my Savoior Loves Me." The kids were asking questions and giving insight too. I think they really enjoyed it as much as I did.
Sermon on the Mount
The Temple
The Temple with visitors!
Jesus among the Nephites
34th Ward Primary
What a day and what an experience.

No comments: