Monday, August 15, 2011

No complaining tonight

Tonight I will not roll my eyes when Makenzie wakes up twice in the night because she wasnts to sleep next to me or fall asleep on me in the rocking chair. I will not take for granted that when the day is over and the crunched cereal in the carpet is cleaned up, the crayons on the couch are magically erased out, and all her (8) strawberry shortcakes have their clothes on again - according to Kenz they are not allowed to take a shower with them on - because I get to be her mom. I am given the gift of seeing her sleepy face in the morning as we crawl back into bed together for another hour of sleep while cuddling together. I am reminded of this as I buy a bow for Ruby....a sweet child of God who has been given a higher calling back home. To these parents, Ani and Matt, my prayers are with you and your eternal family.

No comments: