Saturday, March 28, 2009

Makenzie Sue Porter

The time has finally arrived for our little precious girl to enter this mortal world. The induction date has been set, the car seat has been put in the car, and family is all in town from Tucson, (minus 2 brothers).
We went to Banner Gateway hospital at 8:00 pm on Thursday, March, 19 to be induced. They placed some blue gel to help "ripen" me from 10-2. Then, 2 rolled around and they started me on pitcoin. 9 o'clock came and my dr. came in to break my water. That was the experience, let me tell you. The nurse told me I won the award for most water this month. I figured as much when I heard her tell the other nurses, "we need some towels - we are gonna need more towels!!" Time ticked as we waited and hoped for progression. It was fun to have family in there keeping us company and I watched her little heart rate and contractions. Three times her heart rate dropped, making it as low as 46. That is enough the make you start to cry and feel anxious, worried and pleadful all at once.

My dr. came back at 5:30 just to find out that I went from an 8 backwards to a 5. Apparently I have a small pelvis, which would not be big enough for our Kenzie. Her pressure caused me to swell and digress backwards. We then knew a c-section was in store.

After 21 hours of labor, Matt changed into his little blue scrubs outfit and we were rolled into surgery. Not before a much heartfelt prayer was said by my much worried husband, and daddy first. I have to admit that I was very nervous and almost in shock that I had to have a c-section. At 6:25, little Makenize Sue made her apperance. All is well.

I guess while we were recovering, myself shaking uncontrollably for a good hour, we had an entourage outside pacing the hallways, maybe making some nurses a little on the "who are these people" side. When we were rolled back into our room, the scene of 18 people awaiting us in the hallway was undescribable. All of Matt's brothers and sisters and spoused were there, all 4 grandparents, and most of my brothers and sisters all welcomed this little bundle of joy into the world. All I could think about was how grateful I was, and am, for family, for the support this little girl will have her entire life.
We are so grateful you are here safe, and healthy
Makenzie Sue.

4 comments:

Aubry Wilkes said...

Court.... just loved this post. I can't wait to meet my new little niece. I want to come see you.... soon! Love ya!

Kelli said...

Finally! I've been checking everyday for a picture of your baby! She is darling Court!! I'm so happy for you. I hope we'll be able to get our babies together soon.

Annie and the Boys... said...

I lOVE HER!!!! Well done little brother and courtney! we sure love you all, i miss you something awful

Laura said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!