Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our first night away :(

Matt went on Scout Camp two weeks ago. It was the first time we have been apart since we have been married. He got up early in the morning, said goodbye and walked out the door. I followed him to see him talking to our next door neighbor, who also was leaving for a priest camping trip. It was too hot for me to wait in the garage, so I came back inside to go to bed - thinking Matt would come in one last time to say bye. BUT, I heard his truck start and I ran outside just to see him turn the corner. I could not help myself, but burst into tears. I called him to tell him that he left without saying goodbye. He reminded me he had already said goodbye. Needless to say, I was being ridiculous. Matt came home though, and said goodbye once more! Sweet, sweet man!

It must be fun camping and playing whiffle ball (I don't know if that is how you spell it) with a bunch of deacons!

No comments: